Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Keep Posin'


Man, watching all this drawing and animation makes me want to re-read Bakuman. My brother bought the first few books when he was visiting, too.

This is an actiony pose. Not that interesting either, but not.. um, there's proportions and everything.

Animation: Shoo Fly was also one of my favourites at newgrounds - it has that indie/flash charm to it -- I mean, without a doubt, there are better animators about, but I'm mentally more cognizant of the effort put into it.

I'm putting in some work with my tablet - an endeavor which is sure to be of use at some point. Even if, my graphire is apparently even worse than the new-fangled cheapo Bamboo tablets. Oh well, I can always go for scanning traditional media...

4 comments:

Ben Oliver said...

Well, that is a pretty good pose.

Hmm. Tablet PCs. Do you draw right on the tablet touch screen with them?

Esa Karjalainen said...

...well, kind of a duh. I think Wacom Cintiqs are specialized touch screens, though.

Ben Oliver said...

Penny Arcade's Strip Search handed out a Cintiq as a prize. I haven't researched them at all, but the receiver's reaction gives me a hint that they're somewhat coveted.

Esa Karjalainen said...

Yeah, I researched that. a 22in Cintiq is around 1900€ here, so... yeah.