Friday, June 14, 2013

Blue.... Swimmer?


Insert Smurf Joke Here.

Very doodly. but, I had fun, so that counts. Limbs are kind of long on purpose. Anatomy is correct only accidentally.  Hands are sketchy, feet are... not there, actually.

So... painting in OpenCanvas. Still fun. I had some trouble with the too-thick outline. Also, some things are just problems arising from the fact I was just doodling on a single layer instead of doing something  reasonable. No reference, obviously. It would look better if there were. Also, the composition is crap.
It's essentially an exploratory digipainting, figuring out the textures one gets using different tools in oC.

I may do some sort of a painting timelapse thing at some point, I think that might be interesting.

Rant:
One of the things I'm noticing --- no, what I'm being reminded of, when I look at the pros doing their thing, is that I'm really really lazy. Also, a bit impatient. All  that hand-crafted detail... Well, it might actually be entertaining to do at the time, but I just don't have the patience for it, when I'm trying to get an idea out. Sure, I'll make use of happy accidents, may suggest some detail, but it's all really incidental. Possibly coincidental.
End Rant.

Next... Animation, Pencil or more OpenCanvas. Hm.

This is really random - except it ties into my YouTube watching, but....
Good animation spotted in:

  • Bounen No Xam'd
  • Soul Eater
  • Darker Than Black
  • FMA: Brotherhood
  • Full Metal Panic
Aaand quite a few other shows. Thing is, though, there's also a lot of bad animation about. 


No comments: