1. Got to the government building in Shinjuku. Get maps, check out the view from 45th floor.
2. Get good shoes. Use the subway, but do check first if places are within walking distance.
* Avoid the early morning rush!!
* Get a Pasmo card.
3. Go to the side alleys. Tokyo's a safe city, and many of the interesting shops are there
4. Gaijin Park
* Limited Express may get you to Yokohama.
5. A place to live in; A Guest House at around 2500 yen a night is the best you can get, probably.
* Otherwise you may end up in Yokohama.
7. Akihabara, Kanda Bookstore Area; Avoid these for the sake of your wallet.
* For clothes, go to Harajuku or Shibuya. Cheap shoes.
* You'll probably find the best place to shop in within 100ft of your living quarters, one day before leaving Tokyo.
8. Hyakuen shops. Way too much useful stuff, too cheap.
9. Learn to say "I am not an American" in Japanese, if it applies.
10. Visit the Ghibli Museum. Make sure to make a full day of it, and start early, since it closes at 6 PM.
11. Stick to the left side. Except in Kyoto.